At Sunscape Electrical, we are passionate about contributing to a more sustainable future for our planet. Our passion for renewable energy was the main reason we began to specialise in solar many years ago when we first started our electrical contracting business, and it remains one of our driving forces.
We commit to minimising the use of natural resources in our business operations, and maximising energy efficient products and technologies that add value for our clients, communities and our planet.
These practices are how we ensure our commitment to these goals:
- We source our equipment from manufacturers who have responsible social and environmental practices.
- We continually research and keep up to date with new developments in the renewable energy industry which offer better environmental outcomes.
- We meet the energy needs of our office with solar power, so that the energy required to operate our business is itself renewable.
- We keep our energy usage low, by using efficient LED lighting throughout the office and ensuring computers are set on power saver modes.
- We operate a cloud based office, where files, calender's, and accounting information is all stored online. We email information and conduct as much of our business online as possible, and aim to keep our use of paper at a minimum. Quotes, invoices, product information and warranties, etc are delivered electronically as PDF files. We also use 100% recycled paper when printing if possible.
- We commit to educating the public about the benefits of renewable energy through our website, social media platform, consultations, and events.
- We reduce the amount of waste material produced and recycle all waste material where possible. Cardboard from packaging of solar equipment is collected by CleanAway for recycling on a fortnightly basis, as is the soft plastic wrap and plastic strapping. We also store polystyrene packaging and once we have accumulated a large amount we deliver to Transfield Recycling in Dandenong.
- We use a refillable ink printer, to avoid the use of wasteful ink cartridges. Ink refill containers are also recycled.
- We use environmentally friendly products in our office, including Who Gives a Crap toilet paper, and earth friendly dish-washing liquid and hand soap.